“He is the absolute best.” - E.B.
“He's a real pro and I don't think that you can get a better value with anyone else.” - Former Client
“Mr. Connway could not have been more professional, knowledgeable, and helpful.” - Kelsee G.
Possession charges may be filed against you if the authorities believe you knowingly possessed a drug in any of the following scenarios:
- Actual possession of illegal drugs: The drugs are found on your person, such as in your pocket, purse, backpack, or in your hand.
- Constructive possession of drugs: The illegal substances are found in an area you are believed to control, such as in your home or car or a rented space.
- Joint possession of drugs: When two parties are alleged to have possession of illegal drugs, such as a husband and wife, roommates, or relationship partners.
Penalties for Drug Possession in Reno
The penalties imposed in a conviction vary, based the Nevada drug schedules. Some of the heaviest penalties may be imposed for the possession of a larger quantity of certain drugs, including but not limited to:
- Opiates (heroin, morphine, prescription opiates, etc.)
- Methamphetamines (crystal meth, speed, meth, etc.)
- Cocaine (blow, coke, rock, etc.)
- MDMA (ecstasy, X, molly, etc.)
- LSD (acid, tabs, dots, etc.)
The Right Drug Crime Defense Lawyer for You
Defending against a criminal accusation of drug possession requires legal skill, experience, and a personal dedication to fighting for your rights and freedom. At the Law Offices of Cotter C. Conway, we are focused, dedicated, and experienced. Our firm’s founder, Cotter Conway, has a background working for a drug unit, where he was exposed to the challenges of the justice system when it comes to drug offenses. This service was a foundation of his dedication to helping his clients fight back against the system to seek a positive outcome.
If you are facing drug possession charges, call our firm today at (775) 254-7599.
He thoroughly enjoys his work as an attorney fighting for the rights of the criminally charged. He treats every case as if it's his first, and his success is a clear indicator of his passion and energy.
Cotter combines his knowledge, litigation skill, and creativity to build a strong case in your favor. No matter the charge, you can expect thorough and well-thought-out guidance.
You want an attorney that is easy to talk to and is empathetic to the difficult situation that you're faced with. Cotter will do everything he can to help you feel comfortable throughout the process.